GEOLOGICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The GIS activities conducted by VICOPAT GEOLOGICAL & GEOTECHNICAL CONSULTANTS LIMITED are based on data from the assessments and studies conducted in the field. The data gathered from the field is formatted into digital mapping.
In order to achieve this VICOPAT has a team comprising GIS Experts who are proficient in the same. Also, there are hardware and software (Arc GIS 10.3, Arc Info, Map Info Profession, and Surfer). For infield data collection the firm uses GPS receivers. The firm has a good collection of modern instruments and trained personnel.
VICOPAT sources also ASTER images (Advance Space borne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer) for clients interested in mineral exploration and does interpretation for the same.
General contracting, often referred to as a traditional delivery system, allows the owner to engage with the architect/engineer to prepare the design of the entire project. Upon design completion, the project scope is competitively bid to a construction firm for a fixed lump sum.
Our responsibilities when serving as the General Contractor include:
- Providing all materials, labor, equipment and services.
- Subcontracting with various trade and specialty contractors
- Applying for or assisting in the application process for building permits
- Monitoring schedule and cash flow
- Maintaining accurate records
- Ensuring a safe and secure project site