SUSTAINABLE GEOPHYSICAL WORK
We are a multi-faceted geophysical consulting firm, investigating subsurface conditions using non-invasive technologies (i.e., without disturbing the soils). VICOPAT serves clients across the country in geotechnical, environmental, groundwater, minerals exploration and other industries. VICOPAT has expertise in a broad range of techniques enabling the selection of the proper geophysical techniques to match the survey objectives and survey conditions. The resulting interpretations incorporate all available information including geophysical, geological, and borehole data to provide the client with the best possible interpretation of subsurface conditions.
The company has provided geophysical services for many of the well-known geological, geotechnical, and environmental firms across Kenya. Projects have fulfilled diverse objectives including d e p t h – t o -be d r o c k mapping, aquifer characterization, contaminant leachate delineation, detection and delineation of buried materials, site response studies for earthquake hazards, and many other objectives.
VICOPAT Geological & Geotechnical Consultants Limited utilizes state-of-the-art geophysical equipment for each specific application including:
- SAS 1000 (Tarameter)-Resistivity Survey
- Induced Polarization Equipment
- Magnetometer(For Magnetic survey)
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR) system (GSSI SIR 2000 and SIR3000) with multiple antennas
- Electromagnetic systems
- EZtrac-Ezcom for downhole survey
General contracting, often referred to as a traditional delivery system, allows the owner to engage with the architect/engineer to prepare the design of the entire project. Upon design completion, the project scope is competitively bid to a construction firm for a fixed lump sum.
Our responsibilities when serving as the General Contractor include:
- Providing all materials, labor, equipment and services.
- Subcontracting with various trade and specialty contractors
- Applying for or assisting in the application process for building permits
- Monitoring schedule and cash flow
- Maintaining accurate records
- Ensuring a safe and secure project site